By Damon Barrett
This quantity constitutes a statement on Article 33 of the United international locations conference at the Rights of the kid. it really is a part of the sequence, "A remark at the United international locations conference at the Rights of the Child", which gives an editorial by means of article research of all great, organizational and procedural provisions of the CRC and its not obligatory Protocols. for each article, a comparability with similar human rights provisions is made, via an in-depth exploration of the character and scope of nation duties deriving from that article. The sequence constitutes a necessary instrument for actors within the box of kid's rights, together with teachers, scholars, judges, grassroots employees, governmental, non- governmental and overseas officials. The sequence is backed via the Belgian Federal technology coverage place of work.
Read or Download Article 33: Protection from Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances PDF
Similar human rights books
The booklet includes 4 reports that think of the demanding situations of imposing the conference at the Rights of the kid in several felony traditions or platforms: universal legislation, civil legislations, Islamic legislation, and plural felony platforms. each one learn is exclusive within the method it offers the particularities of the criminal culture lower than exam and displays the author's personal method of the topic.
This quantity, a suite of essays by means of numerous students within the box of indigenous rights, originates from the Irish Centre for Human Rights on the nationwide college of eire in Galway. It highlights these circumstances within the paintings of overseas agencies the place advances were made bearing on indigenous rights.
Had sufficient? sign up for activists, corporations, and celebrities to struggle human rights crimes in Africa. Human rights activist John Prendergast and Oscar-nominated actor Don Cheadle deliver us an empowering and hopeful new e-book, as they exhibit the stairs being taken through engaged citizens—"Upstanders"—famous and unknown, the following and overseas, to wrestle genocide, rape, and baby soldierdom in Africa, and exhibit how one can join the circulate.
Each one Thanksgiving, the president of the USA symbolically pardons one turkey from the destiny of serving as a vacation dinner. during this pamphlet, anthropologist Magnus Fiskesj? uncovers the hidden horrors of such rituals hooked up with the facility of pardon, from the once a year turkey to the pardoning of the unique Teddy undergo.
- Galileo's Middle Finger: Heretics, Activists, and the Search for Justice in Science
- Vulnerability And Human Rights (Essays on Human Rights)
- Human Rights in Africa: From the OAU to the African Union
- Dear Leader: Poet, Spy, Escapee—A Look Inside North Korea
- Taking Employment Discrimination Seriously: Chinese and European Perspectives
- Domestic Politics and International Human Rights Tribunals: The Problem of Compliance
Extra info for Article 33: Protection from Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances
29. , para. 25. 125 Committee on the Rights of the Child, General Comment No. 7: Implementing child rights in early childhood (UN Doc No CRC/C/GC7, 2005). 130 There has been a lack of focus on recreational drug use, with concerns and recommendations relating mainly to problematic drug use, injecting, and drug dependence. It must be recognised, however, that given the scope of the CRC and the volume of work before the Committee, it is reliant on quality information from States parties, UNICEF and other UN agencies, and from NGOs in the form of alternative reports, to facilitate detailed commentary.
Protection from the illicit use of narcotic drugs and psychotropic substances as defined in the relevant international treaties 2. Prevention of the use of children in the illicit production and trafficking of such substances. We return to each of these in chapter three, but in the meantime a closer look at the text is required. It should be noted from the outset that the article is framed in strong terms. ‘Shall’ is the stronger formulation in the Convention, compared with lem of the trafficking of inhalables deserves at least the same attention, budget and strong determination for action as the fight against the production and trafficking of drugs’.
Schubart, W. , ‘Cannabis use at a young age is associated with psychotic experiences’, Psychological Medicine, (7 October 2010). 92 93 24 chapter two context of drugs and children the most common concern is ‘glamorisation’ of drug use or, indeed, of involvement in the drug trade. In relation to drug use this is highly exaggerated when compared with alcohol, and it is difficult to know what role the media and movies have on children’s views of the drug trade. But it is important to consider also the increasing role of digital media in a time when children are ‘multitasking’.